Thursday, January 9, 2014

Jane Goodalls Life Jornal- Layering Project

When choosing my idea for layering I had a lot of ideas running through my head.  I was not sure what I wanted to do and none of my ideas seemed good enough.  I though of maybe doing a human body made out of food to show the food pyramid but that seemed expensive and I did not think it would come out like it was looking in



my head.  Ideas kept rolling through and then Mr. Sands helped me think of doing something on Jane Goodall because she is my role model and I met her a few weeks earlier.  Jane Goodall is an amazing women who, when she was just 20 years old, went to Tanzania to study chimpanzees.  She was the first person to do this and come out with the findings that the world was looking for.  She taught us that chimpanzees are just like humans and that they are capable of so much more than we thought they were.  All of this is truly amazing and all of this started with a notebook that she took notes in.  Because of this reason I decided to make my project with a notebook.  Then I of course had to incorporate layering so I decided that I would layer things that happened in her life that make her who she is and that got her to where she is today.  I started off with the notebook of course and then i put pictures of all the main events in here life, like when she first touched a monkey, etc., and layered them on top of one another.  In the end it turned out very nicely with a black background.  I also cute out her name in a layering effect and I wrote in it notes that she actually wrote in her notebook. The materials I used were the notebook, Modge Podge, for transferring the photos, photos, and indie ink.  I did not just take a risk while doing this project, I took a risk DOING this for my project because I had no idea how I was going to get the project in my head come alive and I had no idea how it was going to turn out. The message that I was trying to convey with this project was that you can start off with something really small in your life, like a notebook, and if you keep working at it, and adding little things piece by piece, you will do amazing things in life and it will turn out to be a masterpiece. 

No comments:

Post a Comment